Skip to main content

Rose: Future heart

 

The book we shall be reviewing today is 'Rose: future heart' penned by Jazalyn. 


Jazayln has a unique style of writing where she narrates a story through multiple verses of poems combining two different forms of literature into one. 





In this book, she writes about the internal conflicts one has to face through the course of life, bullying, unrequited love, and second chances. 


My favourite poems from the book are: 


Silent SOS


I'm my own MVP

 But poor

 In a rich girl's body;

 What about you?

 Are you a puppet?

 I'll extract your confession

 This silence

 These silent tears

 Cry an SOS

 And I must be fearless

 To have the courage to express

 Are you truly self-partnered?

 I am self-existent

 With no one

 For a lifetime

 I have a generous heart;

 Many want me

 But I want one

 Or none

 I release my energy in art

 For art is everything

 And I'm devoted to eugenics:

 I'll never marry

 And I'll never have kids

 But love can't die

 Before I live it

 Everything hurts

 But when I'm taller

 I feel like a Goddess

 And I need love

 To be well

 The dream

 And the awakening

 Are good

 But only love

 Will calm me down

 On this strange eve

 I resist

 And I say:

 "Me no-

 Know me"

 And I'll keep saying no

 I can't fall in love

 But love can't be lost

 And this grammar of flirt

 Screams that

 There is no me

 Without you

In endless possibilities

 I'm no sinner

 And I can't fall in love anymore

 To the extent

 I will never love again

 But this coexistence of want

 Fools my vulnerable heart

 But it's no time for love:

 It's time for the truth

 Avoiding love

 Equals a virgin

 And the call

 Was spiritual awakening

 That resulted

 In rave

 And closed heart

 In the criminal county

 I'm enough

 For my im-possible dream

 And there is

 Transformation ahead

 But how love fooled us again

 To receive an invitation

 From the beauty

 In the beast?

 Someone loves me:

 Love does that

 

And Stupid love:


My feelings are leaked-

 I shouldn’t have shown them to you-

 I did

 And I pay the price

 But I don’t regret-

 I want you to know

 How far I can love you

 I may be utopian

 But I’m not stupid-

 I know the love I feel

 Is from another space

 And most would call it stupid

 But for me

 It’s the most precious

 In a reality

 That is paranoid

 Only my utopia saves me

 And I know

 It’s what your heart wants

 So I keep loving you

 With this stupid love


If you love reading poetry and want to read something that makes you think deeply, this is your pick.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Workshop: Week One

The book we shall be reviewing today is 'The Workshop: Week One' by esteemed author Matt Mills, the inaugural instalment in a captivating series comprising sixteen books. Notably, Mills demonstrates his exceptional writing skills by seamlessly merging four distinct forms of literary expression: prose, poetry, screenwriting, and playwriting. Mills is an accomplished graduate of New York University, where he focused his studies on music and writing, honing his craft to deliver a compelling narrative. 'The Workshop: Week One' introduces a dynamic ensemble of nine writers from diverse backgrounds, all enrolling in a Creative Writing in Various Media course. As the plot unfolds, the characters engage in a riveting competition to assert their creative prowess. Mills artfully employs dry humour and sarcasm in his narration, skillfully entertaining readers throughout. Moreover, his adept use of language resonates particularly well with the Gen Z demographic.  However, it is wor

Uncovering "The Hidden Heir": Secrets, Challenges, and Triumphs with Samuel Lockwood

  Meet the Author Samuel Lockwood is on the cusp of releasing his debut novel, The Hidden Heir , on May 4th, 2024. In this interview, we explore Samuel's writing journey, his approach to storytelling, and the story behind his new book. Get your copy here At what point did you decide to be an author, and what was your path to publication? "My path to publication was a long one. I’ve always been interested in writing, but I didn’t decide I wanted to publish a book until a few years ago. Originally, this book started out as a screenplay. After drafting that, I decided that it fit better as a novel. From start to finish, it took nearly three years due to all the different variations, but I'm very happy with the finished product." Describe your writing process. Do you outline, plot, and plan, or is your writing more organic? "It’s definitely a mix of both. I had a general outline of what was going to happen in the story, but I didn’t plot everything out from the start

The midnight library

  The book we would be reviewing today is, ' The midnight library ' penned by Matt Haig . It is a science-fictional novel suitable for all interested in parallel universes and multiverses.  Matt Haig is an English novelist and journalist. He is well known for his works like, 'How to stop time' , 'The girl who saved Christmas' and 'The boy called Christmas'. Grab your copy here The plot unfolds from Nora's viewpoint. Nora Seed feels her life is pathetic and decides to end it. She ends up in a library where it is always midnight, and time never flows.  The library is said to exist between life and death. All the choices you ever made or never made could lead you to a very different kind of lifestyle in the present day. Nora gets to live all the alternatives she never chose through the books in the library. She needs to pick the right one for her before the library collapses onto itself. Which one would Nora choose? Can she make it in time?  'It is